1. The Restaurant Started As “Dwarf Grill”
Opened in 1946 by Truett Cathy, the Dwarf Grill was a full-service restaurant. There are 12 locations still open today, now with the name “The Dwarf House.”
2. The “A” Means More Than You Think
The letter at the end of the restaurant’s name is meant to make customers think of grade A quality.
3. They’re Always Closed On Sundays
Cathy made this decision because he believed that all employees and managers should have a chance to spend time with their families and to attend church if they wanted to.
4. The First Breakfast Item Was The Chicken Biscuit
In 1968, fried chicken for breakfast became socially acceptable, thanks to Chick-fil-A.
5. The Signature Sauce Isn’t So Secret
It’s actually barbecue, ranch, and honey mustard, conveniently mixed up for you in a little package.