In this Instructable I’m going to show you how I made an interactive LED coffee table step by step.
I decided to make a simple, yet modern design, and focused more on its features.
This amazing table creates amazing ambiance in my living room.
How does it work?
It is actually controlled through a custom-made Android application, so you can change both the reactive and the background color using your Smartphone, and also you can control the brightness.
I used an MDF for the upper part, a pine for the frame and the legs below, and a glass on the top. The inside consists of an Arduino Mega board, a Bluetooth device, Addressable LEDs, IR proximity sensors and a bunch of wires.
Here you can see the process of building, wiring and joining all the parts together with detailed instructions. Don’t forget to watch the video to experience the entire process of this build.
Here’s my website article: http://www.creativityhero.com/diy-projects/diy-interactive-led-coffee-table/
- Arduino Mega Board http://amzn.to/2DpTRXf
- Bluetooth Module http://amzn.to/2DpLHhB
- Addressable LED Strip Light WS2812B http://amzn.to/2Fz0DL4
- Infrared proximity sensors http://amzn.to/2FwUONZ
- Wood glue http://amzn.to/2fshgMw
- Wood filler http://amzn.to/2B8kJ0b
- Oil based paint http://amzn.to/2zkWdGC
- Rosewood stain http://amzn.to/2CTP2oq
- Circular saw http://amzn.to/2fRs8nD
- Random orbit sander http://amzn.to/2zk6sel
- Cordless drill http://amzn.to/2frP8MD
- 90 degree angle clamps http://amzn.to/2CUEbKx
- Band clamp http://amzn.to/2ECsTLz
- Paint roller kit http://amzn.to/2Dqhpvc
- Pocket hole jig http://amzn.to/2Dcloh0
- Soldering iron http://amzn.to/2FvLdqT
- Multimeter http://amzn.to/2r0zCwF
- Wire strippers http://amzn.to/2qYPdwG
- Glue gun http://amzn.to/2CXk9iH