Ear infections are caused by bacteria or viruses in the middle ear and occur often in small children. The infections need to be treated with antibiotics as soon as possible to prevent further complications. If you can’t reach your doctor immediately or if you want to try some homemade solutions rather than getting a prescription, here is a natural and readily available home remedy to help relieve ear infections and pain temporarily. It will work like “magic”!
What you will need:
- A clean white cotton sock;
- 1 to 1.5 cups of coarse sea salt;
- A clean pan.
- Put the coarse sea salt into the white sock and tie a knot to close it.
- Take the pan to the stove on medium heat.
- Place the sock in the pan and heat it to a bearable temperature.
- Place the heated sock on the affected ear.
What a great tip! It is really simple and you will see the magical result.
Friendly reminder: This is just a temporary relief for ear infections. If the symptoms continue, the best thing to do is to see a doctor as soon as possible!