Only Unicorn SPiT could really capture these bold colors while allowing the wood grain to peak through,…
First thing is taping off everywhere that we want to see wood tones. This really helps with planning the visual flow!
We were so excited about the outcome!! And the journey was a blast,..
Working from top to bottom I took a plate and loaded it with each color as I went! (Full strength) Once I laid the red down I began adding in orange and blending it as I went,.. if I didnt like how it was flowing I simply sprayed with water!
Working from top to bottom I took a plate and loaded it with each color as I went! (Full strength) Once I laid the red down I began adding in orange and blending it as I went,.. if I didnt like how it was flowing I simply sprayed with water! Once the SPiT was applied I took off a little tape to help with visualization,.. whats GREAT about spit is there are no gummy binders to pull when removing the tape! Nice CLEAN lines,..
I added in some more blue to saturate that area more the next day but was able to begin staining in the orange area with my CeCe Stain + Finish mixture! (I only worked a couple hours each day while the kids were in school)
Once everything was applied and tape was removed, we had an issue. It was exactly what my client THOUGHT she wanted. 🙂 except, it looked a little like tetris. Now to make it a little more organic.
Now she will be decorating around this feature but WHAT a beginning! She absolutely loved it! Check out the full scope of work and story here!
Materials used for this project:
- Unicorn SPiT (https://renaissance-lady.myshopify.com/collections)
- CeCe Caldwells Stain+Finish (http://glitterfarm.com/paint.html)