A school’s poster reminding parents that manners are learned at home has gone viral. The sign highlighting five points to families has been shared on Facebook, with the school urging parents to take responsibility. A Portuguese school reportedly displayed the poster in its halls – and the message is now spreading like wildfire online. It’s a clear message too – that teachers are there to educate, but it is at home where children learn the true values of honesty and respect.
It states the following points:
• We would like to remind you that magic words such as hello, please, you’re welcome, I’m sorry, and thank you, all begin to be learned at home.
• It’s also at home that children learn to be honest, to be on time, diligent, show friends their sympathy, as well as show utmost respect for their elders and all teachers.
• Home is where they learn to be clean, not talk with their mouths full, and how/where to properly dispose of garbage.
• Home is also where they learn to be organized, to take good care of their belongings, and that it’s not ok to touch others.
• Here at school, on the other hand, we teach language, math, history, geography, physics, sciences, and physical education. We only reinforce the education that children receive at home from their parents.
What do you think about the poster? Do Parents need to do more to teach their children basic manners and respect?
Let us know in the comments or share your views under the post on our Manchester Family Facebook page.